Tuesday 2 October 2012

Five months in...

Had another checkup yesterday. The teeth hadn't moved as much in the last month as hoped.

I had what I hope is the last session of shaving down the teeth and Stephen put square wire on as this apparently exerts more pressure on the brackets. I've got various wire ligatures instead of the elastic bands, and some lengths of elastic power chain.

I hugely prefer the wire ligatures to the bands, simply because they don't stain. However the elastic power chains stain like heck so I'm not much further forward.

The plan now is to keep on with the bottom teeth. I have to go back in a fortnight because the top arch is being pulled apart and we want to catch the two front teeth when there is enough room to twist the recalcitrant one but a gap has not yet formed between the teeth which we would then have to close.

With a bit of luck the braces can come off at the end of the month, and it really will have been Six Month Smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment